Why


There are umpteen reasons to explain
Why I do what I do
Why I write what I write
Without worrying much about loss or gain

Oh yes there are reasons galore
That I keep up my sleeves
And in the curves of my pen
A hundred niggling thoughts or more.

Why?

Do I gasp at some act or sigh

Why?

Do I wonder at a scene or am shy

Why?

The world is teeming with curious minds
Eager to unravel a smile or a cry
It's easier to take things as they are
Than evade their probing eye.

Nothing is juicier than a story
concealed behind a dozen piercing whys
Fit for a piece of steamy front page news for sure
It doesn't matter whether it be the truth or a bunch of lies.

So yes to conclude I do write
And in fits and starts, bits and bytes

My reasons for writing - it's a rather lengthy list-
So for the curious busy-bees here's a gist

When the world goes all topsy turvy and I can't take it
That's when I try to fathom these waves of emotions and share

When a face I know well turns and heck, it's someone else
The questions blazing through my head are usually spilled with never a care

When the calm and sorted world blows in your face in seconds
Well - all I can do is use unwieldy words with less than great flair

Oh these whys and these wherefores have no answers
They're all just a part of this long drawn out tale

Them
Curious Johns and Janes
Need understand that
acceptance is surely the key
And find a way
to bottle their
undue unnerving curiosity.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Unplugged

Gurus in my Universe

Chhaya's Haven of Love - UshaKiran @NoidaSec137